Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I Luvs the Old Man Meat Bin!!

And I think he luvs me too :)

Ran up to Safeway to grab a couple more bags of Salad and found these very nice packages of Pork just being loaded into my favorite section of the meat department, the old man meat bin! 

2 packages of Pork Shoulder Country Style Ribs @ $7.00 and $5.65
2 packages of boneless Pork Loin Chops @ $5.40 each
1 package of Open Nature Pork Loin Chops @ $7.76
Subtotal = $26.11

- 50% markdown
- $1.00/1 Any Open Nature tearpad MF (found a while back)

Total OOP = $12.06 for the whole shabang!  That will be 15 servings of meat, basically 3 meals for my family of 5, which works out to $0.80 per serving (plus left overs :)

Are you freaked out about buying meat from the reduced bins?  Don't be, you will find some significant savings there on the most expensive items in the grocery store!  Read more on how to save money on meat and tips to make sure the meat is good here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment